The CAS stages offer a helpful and supportive framework and continuum of process for CAS students as they consider what they would like to do in CAS, make plans, and carry out their ideas. The CAS stages are applicable to the three strands of creativity, activity, service, and the CAS project.
The CAS stages provide a framework that enables students to:
• increase self-awareness
• learn about learning
• explore new and unfamiliar challenges
• employ different learning styles
• develop their ability to communicate and collaborate with others
• experience and recognize personal development
• develop attributes of the IB learner profile.